Details specific to Yager Stadium:
Field lights are available
Stadium has seating for 24,000
Public restrooms are available on the concourse
Locker rooms are available upon request and are dependent on availability
Rental fee includes access and use of the field and facility. All other expenses are dependent upon the nature of the event.
Fred C. Yager Stadium, which opened in 1983, has undergone an ambitious series of renovations that began following the 2002 season which have reshaped the home of Miami University football. A state-of-the-art Field Turf playing surface was installed at Yager in July of 2010.
The stadium is named in honor of Fred C. Yager, a 1914 Miami graduate who generously supported the stadium project. A total of 28,230 fans jammed Yager Stadium for the Dedication Game against Western Michigan on Oct. 1, 1983, and that number stood as the benchmark prior to 1997.
On Oct. 2, 1999, a record-setting crowd of 30,087 witnessed Marshall defeat the RedHawks 35-14. That broke the former record of 29,027, set two years earlier in a 45-21 win over Marshall. In an eight-day span in 1997, with back-to-back games against the Herd and Cincinnati, Yager Stadium amassed 56,729 fans, the largest two-consecutive game total in Miami history. With the recent renovations and removal of all stands from the South endzone, Miami's capacity has been reduced to 24,286.
An interior office level features the offices for Miami's football and women's soccer programs, as well as the "Cradle of Coaches" room, where Chuck Martin's office, a large reception area and displays of Miami memorabilia are located.