The Miami University Athletics Department is fortunate to be able to donate numerous items to non-profit organizations throughout the community each year. However, due to high demand and NCAA rules, MU Athletics is not able to support every worthwhile cause.
In an effort to best process your request and support as many charities as possible, requests must comply with the guidelines listed below. Please understand that submission of a request, even if all guidelines are met, does not guarantee that the request will be fulfilled.
DONATION AND AUTOGRAPH GUIDELINES
- Miami Athletics will consider the donation of head coach autographed items, apparel packages and golf gift certificates for charitable endeavors. As a result of time constraints and NCAA Compliance regulations, requests for head coach and student-athlete autographed items for personal endeavors (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) will not be accommodated, except at designated Miami Athletic events. Miami Athletics will not accommodate requests for student-athlete autographs. Due to high demand and NCAA Compliance regulations, we do not offer tickets as a charitable donation.
- Miami Athletics does not accept pre-purchased items from organizations for signing. Instead, we manage an inventory of memorabilia, apparel and gift certificates. As a separate non-profit entity of Miami University, MU Athletics charges for these items ($25-50) to cover the cost of the item along with processing and shipping. The University is not responsible for items shipped or mailed to the Athletic Department.
- Pursuant to NCAA Compliance regulations, MU Athletics cannot donate items to any entity that serves prospect-aged individuals (grade 9 - 12, or 7 - 12 in Men's Basketball), such as high schools, high school scholarship funds or booster clubs, club sports teams for high school students, specific high school students, etc.
- All donation requests must be submitted through the online donation request system and must be received at least four (4) weeks prior to the event date listed in your request.
- To expedite the review process, please include very detailed information about your organization and event, including the organization's 501(c)(3) number (if possible) and documents pertaining to your event/organization. If minors benefit from the funds raised, please include the ages AND grades of those who benefit.
- To assist as many as possible, an organization is eligible to receive only one donated item per event and one donated item per calendar year.
- Priority will be given to organizations within the state of Ohio.
Though we congratulate your efforts, we're unable to support individual fundraising pursuits for non-profit races or events. We do offer tickets as a charitable donation on a limited basis.