5 THINGS TO KNOW
The Mid-American Conference and Miami University promotes good sportsmanship by its student-athletes, coaches, and fans. We request your cooperation by supporting the participants and officials in a positive manner. Profanity, racial or sexist comments, or other intimidating actions will not be tolerated and are grounds for removal from this arena. Also, the throwing of any objects onto the playing surface is prohibited.
Alcoholic beverages are NOT permitted to be brought into Yager Stadium. Guests identified with alcohol not purchased in the stadium or who are intoxicated inside the stadium may be ejected and will have the alcohol confiscated. Possession and consumption of alcohol are subject to the laws and regulations of the State of Ohio and/or City of Oxford.
In order to promote the health of our students, faculty, staff, and visitors, all Miami University campuses are designated as Smoke- and Tobacco-Free Environments. Smoking is defined as the burning of tobacco or any other material in any type of smoking equipment, including, but not restricted to, cigarettes, electronic cigarettes, cigars, or pipes. The use of any tobacco product, including chewing tobacco, is also prohibited.
Smoking and tobacco use are prohibited in all Miami University-owned facilities and on the grounds of any University-owned property. This includes all buildings owned or controlled by Miami University, shelters, indoor and outdoor athletic facilities, indoor and outdoor theatres, bridges, walkways, sidewalks, residence halls, parking lots, and street parking and garages controlled by the University (now includes inside personal vehicles parked on University property as of January 1, 2014). Smoking and tobacco use are prohibited on sidewalks that adjoin University property. Smoking and tobacco use are also prohibited in any vehicle or equipment owned, leased, or operated by Miami University.
In order to provide the best experience to our fans, the following items are prohibited at Miami athletic events:
- Aerosol Cans
- Service animals are permitted
- Book Bags / Backpacks / Other Containers (Prohibited Only at Yager Stadium) - Cinch bags and backpack-style purses, diaper bags and camera bags are permissible
- All bags and persons are subject to visual inspection;
- Commercial video / audio equipment, tripods and selfie sticks
- Confetti / Streamers / Glitter / Balloons
- Food / Beverages - Baby food, formula and/or snacks are permitted if accompanied by an infant
- Hover boards / Skateboards / Bicycles
- Ice Chests / Coolers
- Laser Pointers
- Noisemakers (Including musical instruments and amplified noisemakers (bullhorns, air horns, etc.) - Non-amplified noisemakers are permitted (cow bells, thunder sticks, vuvuzela horns, etc.)
- Tobacco Products - Includes cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vaporizers, hookahs, cigars, pipes and chewing tobacco
- Umbrellas (Prohibited Only at Yager Stadium)
- Weapons - Including Pepper Spray and knives / blades of any length
- Reasonable quantities for health-related needs are permitted
Miami University reserves the right to remove and /or disallow any item deemed hazardous or inappropriate at any time.