Nov. 9, 2011
Miami at Temple
November 9, 2011 Lincoln Financial Field Philadelphia, Pa.
- Temple increased its all-time series lead to 4-2 over Miami. It was the Owls' third win in four tries overall since an opening loss. In Philadelphia, Miami is just 1-3.
- C.J. Marck, a native of Newtown, Pa., was Miami's game captain against Temple. He joined season-long captains Zac Dysert and Anthony Kokal. Miami won the toss and elected to receive.
- Nick Harwell set single-game school records for both receptions (15) and receiving yards (229) with his 14-yard touchdown catch late in the third quarter. He also tied the school record for 100-yard receiving games in a season with his seventh (in nine appearances). Martin Nance also had seven during both the 2003 and 2005 campaigns. By reaching double digits in catches, Harwell has now reached the mark five times in his career, three this season.
- Quarterback Zac Dysert and wide receiver Nick Harwell connected on a 34-yard completion on the second play of the game, the 12th time this season that they have combined for a play of 30 yards or more. They have seven of the eight longest plays from scrimmage in 2011.
- Dysert climbed into 16th place on the Mid-American Conference's career passing list. With 364 yards against the Owls, he moved ahead of Josh Harris of Bowling Green (7,503 from 2000-03) and Eastern Michigan's Charlie Batch (7,592 from 1994-97). He finished the game with 7,745 yards.
- Chris Givens caught his fifth touchdown pass of the season in the third quarter. He now has 15 in his career. With seven grabs in the contest, he moved into fifth place on Miami's all-time receptions list with 136, passing Jamal Rogers (134 from 2007-10).