Feb. 11, 2012
BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- For the second straight day, Miami found itself in a battle on the tennis courts, only to come up short. Saturday, the RedHawks dropped their third straight overall, losing 5-2 at Indiana.
The Hoosiers, 6-1 and winners of six straight, swept the doubles point, winning 8-1 at Nos. 2 and 3. Stephanie Danesis and Jess Parr bolted to a 6-4 lead at No. 1, but the Hoosier duo of Carolyn Chupa and Katie Klyczek regrouped for an 8-6 triumph.
Singles started with back-to-back Indiana wins at No. 5 and No. 1. Danesis closed the gap with a 6-4, 0-6, 6-3 upset win over 79th-ranked Carolyn Chupa at No. 3, but the Hoosiers closed the match with a 7-6, 6-3 victory at No. 4. Nimisha Mohan gained a second point for the RedHawks (2-5) by taking a 6-4, 6-2 win at No. 2 before Indiana gained a three-set victory at No. 6.
Miami, in the midst of seven straight games on the road, head to Lincoln, Neb., next weekend to face Washington State Saturday and the Huskers on Sunday.
Tennis Match Results
Miami vs Indiana
Feb 11, 2012 at Bloomington, Ind.
(IU Tennis Center)
Indiana 5, Miami 2
1. Leslie Hureau (INDIANA) def. Riekie Honiball (MIAMI) 7-5, 6-1
2. Nimisha Mohan (MIAMI) def. Evgeniya Vertesheva (INDIANA) 6-4, 6-2
3. Stephanie Danesis (MIAMI) def. #79 Carolyn Chupa (INDIANA) 6-4, 0-6, 6-3
4. Katie Klyczek (INDIANA) def. Christiana Raymond (MIAMI) 7-6, 6-3
5. Alecia Kauss (INDIANA) def. Christine Guerrazzi (MIAMI) 6-1, 6-0
6. Kayla Fujimoto (INDIANA) def. Katherine Castro (MIAMI) 4-6, 6-1, 6-2
1. Carolyn Chupa/Katie Klyczek (INDIANA) def. Stephanie Danesis/Jessica Parr (MIAMI) 8-6
2. Kayla Fujimoto/Evgeniya Vertesheva (INDIANA) def. Riekie Honiball/Nimisha Mohan (MIAMI) 8-1
3. Leslie Hureau/Alecia Kauss (INDIANA) def. Christiana Raymond/Christine Guerrazzi (MIAMI) 8-1
Order of finish: Doubles (2,3,1); Singles (5,1,3,4,2,6)